Choose up to three novels from the top 10 bestsellers for 1966. Please feel welcome to share why you picked particular books. Take all the space you like in the comments section.
I’ll share my top choices and the reasons for choosing them next Tuesday in this blog.
Here are the bestselling novels of 1966 that I’ll be reviewing in the next few weeks and the date on which you can expect to see the review posted here.
You’ll notice that none of the titles was held over from 1965.
- Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann [Jan. 2, 2016]
- The Adventurers by Harold Robbins [Jan. 5, 2016]
- The Secret of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton [Jan. 9, 2016]
- Capable of Honor by Allen Drury [Jan. 12, 2016]
- The Double Image by Helen MacInnes [Jan. 16, 2016]
- The Fixer by Bernard Malamud [Jan. 19, 2016]
- Tell No Man by Adela Rogers St. Johns [Jan. 23, 2016]
- Tai-Pan by James Clavell [Jan. 26, 2016]
- The Embezzler by Louis Auchincloss [Jan. 30, 2016]
- All in the Family by Edwin O’Connor [Feb. 2, 2016]
On February 6, I’ll give you a chance to say which 1966 bestsellers you prefer.
For folks who only want only the best of the bestsellers, on February 9 I’ll tell you which 1966 bestsellers made my shortlist.
That’s what’s immediately ahead.
© 2015 Linda Gorton Aragoni