The authors whose novels made the 1968 bestseller list include some names that will be recognized by readers today.
I’ve linked the novel on this list which I previously reviewed when it appeared on the 1967 list: Christy by Catherine Marshall.
Here’s the 1968 list, including dates my review is scheduled to run.
- Airport by Arthur Hailey [June 27, 2017]
- Couples by James Updike [July 1, 2017]
- The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes [July 4, 2017]
- A Small Town in Germany by John Le Carre [July 8, 2017]
- Testimony of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell [July 11, 2017]
- Preserve and Protect by Allen Drury [July 15, 2017]
- Myra Breckenridge by Gore Vidal [July 18, 2017]
- Vanished by Fletcher Knebel [July 22, 2017]
- Christy by Catherine Marshall [may 27]
- The Tower of Babel by Morris L. West [July 25, 2017]
The reader poll will be Saturday, July 29.
I’ll share my picks of the 1968 bestsellers on August 1.