Readers of this blog will probably recognize a few of the titles and authors appearing on the 1914 bestseller list.
Orphans Pollyanna and T. Tembarom are back for a second appearance on the bestseller list.
George B. McCutcheon returns with another Graustark novel.
And authors Harold Bell Wright, Winston Churchill and Booth Tarkington who made the bestseller lists repeatedly in the early twentieth century are back to entertain readers.
Below is the list of 1914 bestsellers on my review list, with the date of planned review in square brackets. Links will take you to a digital version of the novel if one is available or, if I’ve previously reviewed it, to my review which includes a link to an e-book version.
- The Eyes of the World by Harold Bell Wright [Aug. 19]
- Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter
- The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill
- The Salamander by Owen Johnson [Aug. 23]
- The Fortunate Youth by William J. Locke [Aug. 26]
- T. Tembarom by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Penrod by Booth Tarkington [Aug. 30]
- Diane of the Green Van by Leona Dalrymple [Sept. 2]
- The Devil’s Garden by W. B. Maxwell [Sept. 6]
- The Prince of Graustark by George B. McCutcheon [Sept. 9]
© 2014 Linda Gorton Aragoni