Work is an important part of most people’s lives, so it is not surprising that job titles show up in the titles of novels. The answer to each of these clues is the title of a twentieth century bestseller before 1970.
How many of these occupations can you identify?
- One had a carriage, one had a cloak.
- No fletcher, he
- A jurist without prudence
- Ralph Connor and Mary Roberts Rinehart wrote of him
- A prestigious political appointee
- White collar criminal
- An unlikely hero for a Fox
- Wears red hat, may carry a baseball
- They might have made props for a Tennessee Williams play
Answers will be posted June 2.